How Squore helps to comply with ISO-26262
In the context of ADAS development, the ECUs number, size and complexity has drastically increased. And in the ECU development, safety is a continuous challenge as it impacts process, methods, tools and global strategy.
ISO-26262 Standard intends to address this topic by pointing to the safety and particularly for the ADAS developments.
In order to deal with heterogeneous ECU objectives, ISO-26262 also introduces the safety risk management which is directly derived from the ECU functionality: risk must be minimized for critical ECU requirements.
Thus, ASIL (Automotive Safety Integrity Level) shall be assigned to all requirements. The assignment methods takes into account the following parameters:
- Severity of the failure (ie, depends on the potential implied injuries of the failure)
- Exposure Probability of the failure (ie, depends on the potential frequency of the failure)
- Controllability of the failure (ie, depends on the capacity of the driver to keep control of the vehicule)
Squore does not compute ASIL
As a results, the overall standard compliance of a component /method is directly impacted by its ASIL.
The ISO-26262 lists all development activities and provides recommentations. Compliance of the ECU can be verified for the hardware and the software requirements.
However, the standard provides recommendations but no explicit acceptance criterion.
How to convert “Enforcement of low complexity” into an acceptance criterion?
Most of the recomendations are already addressed by the exisiting standards and practices: SPICE, HIS Metrics and MISRA.
There are still 3 major steps to implement:
- Select/Tune the rules and metrics (some rules or metric thresholds may not be relevant in some context, it is project-dependant)
- Deploy the third tools in order to compute/evaluate the rules/metrics (Squore Analyzer, VectorCAST, PCLint…)
- Define the agregation method to compute ISO 26262 Compliance (ie: HIS Metrics are defined at modules levels, quid of the compliance at project level?)
Note the method has to be flexible including relaxation, tunning … in order to be usable on the field.
Examples of hardware indicators:
- CPU Load monitoring
- Memory Comsumption managment
- Recurrent defects detection
- Integration Tests pass rate
- Requirement coverage
Examples of Software indicators:
- Design quality (Cloning & Duplication)
- Code Complexity (HIS Metrics)
- Runtime Error (Static Code Analysis)
- Coding Rule compliance (MISRA)
- Structural Unit Test coverage
Squore vs ISO-26262 Compliance
Squore integrates different features which are helpful for ISO-26262 compliance:
- Static Code Analyzer: provides design and code quality metrics
Cloning & Duplication
Maintainability Coding Rules
- Business Inteligence plateform: allows to implement complex KPIs and data agregation
Module Test Strategy according ASIL
HIS Compliance at project level
Test Gap Analysis
Automated Action Plan
- External Connector API: allows to import thrid party data information for hardware and software information
CPU Load / Memory consumption
Defect and change management tracking
- Traceability module: allows to build link between requirement, test and source code.
Dynamic links between artifact
- Viewer: provides an interactive monitoring solution
Live dashboard with predefined roles
Document generation (PDF, PPT including details KPI) including Automotive template.